Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Boy Graduation Cap and Gown


My husband's cousin graduated from Slippery Rock last weekend and he asked me to make a card.  I have seen this done so many times and has been on my wish list for a long time.  I was so happy to get to make this card finally!  This is a boy graduation card, but I am going to make a girl one as a sample even though I don't have anyone to give it to.  They are so cute and want to show how it can be done for a girl as well.

I chose the colors because Slippery Rock is green and white.  Once I figured out what I wanted it to look like, this is a simple but neat graduation card that can be customized for whatever school colors.

Here are the supplies needed to make this card:

Card Stock: Basic Black
                    Garden Green
                    Whisper White

Ink: Garden Green

Stamp Set: Well Scripted (from 2010 Occasions catalog)

Accessories: White Baker's Twine
                      Old Olive 5/8" Satin Ribbon (retiring May 31st)
                      Silver Mini Brad (retiring)
          Adhesive: Snail
                           Stampin' Dimensionals

*Special Note: I don't like to use supplies that are not available to order because don't you just hate when you see something you want so bad and it's no longer available to order. So I try to avoid that feeling by using only current product. Unfortunately, I don't have a nice "congratulations" stamp like this from the retired stamp set so I just had to use it. I'm sorry if this makes anyone angry that you can't get this stamp anymore.



1 comment: