Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My First Card!!

After receiving my starter kit on Friday, I was very excited to start crafting. Unfortunately after organizing everything Friday, I didn't have time the rest of the weekend. Saturday I watched the starter DVD, but didn't craft because I was busy with my family. Since Sunday was the Super Bowl, I didn't do anything that day either. I was just itching to use my new supplies. I finally got a chance to make my first card today. I am going to a demonstrator meeting on Wednesday where I'm participating in a card swap. I needed to make 7 cards so I can swap with the others. This will begin to grow my examples of what you can do with Stampin' Up! supplies. I am really looking forward to this meeting to meet fellow demonstrators and get some great ideas. I will upload pictures of the cards I receive after Wednesday.

Here is the card that I made for the swap.


Supplies used to make this card include:

This was a pretty easy card to make once I figured out what I wanted it to look like. I did a little searching online to get some ideas with the eastern blooms stamps that I wanted to use. I did it like an assembly line since I was making 8 cards. The longest part was cutting out the flowers to pop up on the flower stems. I loved how this technique turned out on the card though. It adds a neat touch. I am very pleased with my first card. I am definitely looking forward to making more. Stay tuned for my idea for my upcoming workshop Feb. 28.

Contact me if you are interested in learning how I made this card or would like to attend my workshop. The links will take you to my website so you can buy the supplies I used to make this card.

1 comment: