Thursday, August 23, 2012

Mr and Mrs


My husband's sister was getting remarried this weekend and I needed a cute card.  I absolutely love the owl punch and had a perfect reason to use it.  I found the inspiration for these bride and groom owls at Lynda's Quiet Time.  I just LOVE how this card came out and those owls are so darn cute!!

Her favorite color is pink so that's why I went with this color scheme.  You could match the colors with the wedding theme if you wanted.  Here's a close up of the owls.


Just a few notes about how to put this card together.  I stamped, embossed and cut the Mr. and Mrs. sentiment so I could loop the ribbon around the & and have it stand out.  I freehand cut the grooms hat and bow tie.  I punched feet in whisper white to make her look like she's wearing shoes.  I used the blender pen and melon mambo ink to make her eyes look like she has shadow on.  The melon mambo heart comes from the owl punch as well.

Supplies needed to make this card:

Card Stock: Basic Black base 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 and scrap for owl punch
                    Whisper White layer 4 x 5-1/4 and scrap for stamp and owl punch
                    Melon Mambo scrap for owl punch
                    Silver Glimmer paper scrap for small heart punch

Stamp Set: Mr. & Mrs. item #126663 $8.95 (only comes in wood mount)
                    
Ink: Versamark
        Melon Mambo

Accessories: Basic Black 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon
                     Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon (retired)
                     Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents
                     Silver Sparkle Dazzling Details
                     Black Stampin' Emboss Powder
        Tools: Heat Tool
                    Owl Punch
                    Paper Snips
                    Small Heart Punch
                    Blender Pen
                    Big Shot
                    Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die
  Adhesives: Snail
                    Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment