Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Card and Gift

 
I am an assistant high school volleyball coach.  The other person I coach with had a birthday on Saturday so I wanted to make her a little something.  I had baked cookies using the Special Events sweet pressed cookie stamp sets over the weekend and all I had to do was make a cute tag to close the bag with!  I put the cookies in our medium flat cello bags.  I created the tag by stamping the 3rd largest image from Daydream Medallions.
Daydream Medallions Clear-Mount Stamp Set
 I then stamped "a gift for you" from Bring on the Cake
Bring on the Cake - Clear-Mount Stamp - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
I used the coordinating die cuts from Floral Frames Framelits Dies to run the whisper white and DSP from Howlstooth and Scaringbone through the big shot.  I used snail adhesive to put the flowers together than tied the ribbon around the bag with white bakers twine.  This is a simple gift that doesn't take much time to make.

Of course I needed a card to go with the cookies though and here's what I came up with.
 
I saw this card on splitcoaststampers.com by Christine Kokiw and wanted to try it.  I just love how simple but neat this card looks.  This was a simple card to make that doesn't require a lot of supplies that could be adapted for other occasions.  I'm thinking of trying this out for thank you cards.
 
Supplies needed to make this card:
 
Card Stock: Tangerine Tango base 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
                     Whisper White layer 4" x 5-1/4"
 
Stamp Set: Bring on the Cake (clear mount) 121958 $27.95 (wood mount) 121899 $38.95
 
Ink: Tangerine Tango
        Pacific Point
        So Saffron
        Old Olive
        Tempting Turquoise
 
Accessories: Old Olive 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon
          Tools: Big Shot
                     Houndstooth Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die
                     Stamp-a-ma-jig (I don't usually use this tool but it worked perfect to line up "Happy Birthday")
                     Craft and Paper Scissors
   Adhesives: Snail
                     Mini Glue Dots to glue ribbon ends on back of whisper white
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment