Monday, October 1, 2012

Get Well Card


My mom had knee replacement surgery about a month ago.  She's doing great during her recovery.  She has been a BIG help with our boys so I can work and my husband can go back to school.  She loves handmade cards so I knew this was a perfect time to make a get well soon one.  I rarely have to make these types so it was a little hard.  Luckily, my local demonstrator group had a card sketch challenge to get me started on the design.  I just had to figure out what I wanted to use.

I love the colors and design to this card.  It was a lot of fun making and I even got my oldest son to help.  He was SO proud when he gave it to Grandma and told her he helped make it.  Maybe I have a future crafter on my hands (fingers crossed since I have 2 boys ;)

Supplies needed to make this card:

Card Stock: Old Olive base 5-1/2" by 4-1/4"
                     Not Quite Navy 5" x 5" and scrap for punching
                     Cajun Craze scrap for punching
                     Whisper White 2" x 2"
                     Comfort Cafe DSP

Stamp Set: Easy Events Clear-mount stamp #123225 (I colored just the tree with makers)
                    Delightful Dozen for "Get Well Soon" #122652
 
Ink: Old Olive to stamp tree then color image with Marvelous Markers
       Not Quite Navy for sentiment
       Cajun Craze to ink whisper white edges

Accessories: Old Olive 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon
                     Brights Designer Buttons
                     Basic Pearls Jewel Accents
          Tools: Boho Blossoms Punch
                     Big Shot
                     Flower Folds Bigz XL Die
                     Scallop Square Stampin' Up Clear Bigz Die
   Adhesives: Snail
                     Mini Glue Dots
                     Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment