Thursday, July 19, 2012

Masculine Birthday Card

If you read my post yesterday you know that I created 2 birthday cards for a local meetup group I'm a part of who have allowed me to host a card making event on Friday.  Yesterday I showed you a feminine butterfly card and here is the masculine birthday card I created.


I always have a hard time with masculine cards.  You can't add all the glitter, bling and extras like you can on a card for a woman.  You have to keep it simple but was exactly what I wanted anyways for the meetup event.

I knew that I wanted to use this birthday stamp from Delightful Dozens.



I wanted to use this stamp as Subway art to showcase the different fonts and sayings in coordinating colors.  Subway art is very trendy right now.

Since I didn't have much inspiration I went to www.splitcoaststampers.com where you can search for examples by the stamp set name.  I saw this sample and knew it would be perfect for this card.  I changed the colors to match supplies I had and just love how it turned out.  I think I remember saying that yesterday too.  Maybe it's the simpleness to the last 2 cards that make me like them.  Usually I'm stressing about needing to add more, but knowing I wanted these cards simple makes me appreciate how a simple card can still look nice.

*I will post the supplies needed to make this card in another post.*

No comments:

Post a Comment