Monday, November 21, 2011

Minnie Mouse

I have been wanting to recreate my cards that I made on My Digital Studio using my paper supplies.  I finally had the chance and have to admit that I'm LOVING this card.  I've never really been a huge Minnie Mouse fan, but since my son has gotten into The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse I've grown to love all the characters.  Well, one of my close friends out in San Diego (miss you so much Jodi) has 2 daughters and loves everything to do with Mickey Mouse.  Her daughters' birthdays are coming up in December and I wanted to make something that they as well as their mom would appreciate.  I just love how this card turned out.  I wish I could take credit for the creation but I cased it from inpirationink.com.  She created a Mickey Mouse card so I changed the colors to make it a Minnie Mouse!  I'm very pleased with the bow which truly makes it Minnie Mouse!



Close up of the card
This card used the color combo of Rose Red, Daffodil Delight and Early Expresso.  I punched out Minnie using the 1 3/4'' Circle Punch and 1 3/8'' Circle Punch for the two ears.

I did heat embossing for the first time on this card too.  I have always seen cards and wanted to try it but just never had the tools or guts to try it.  So I made myself try it and have fallen in love with embossing.  I want to emboss everything now!  What a neat thing to add to your cards.  So the polka dot background and her bow are embossed using Stampin' Up's Heat Tool and White Embossing Powder.  (If you want to learn how to heat emboss contact me for a class!)  The Happy Birthday is taken from the Bring on the Cake stamp set and was stamped using Early Expresso ink pad.  I used Daffodil Delight cardstock and folded at different spots and popped them up using Stampin' Dimensionals.  This technique makes the paper look more like ribbon since I didn't have daffodil delight ribbon on hand.  After embossing the cardstock, I used the 1 3/8'' Square Punch to make the triangles.  I connected the bow to the ear with a Rose Red mini brad.

No comments:

Post a Comment