I created this card for two reasons. One is apart of the Stampin 411 Saturday challenge and the other is for a demonstrator meeting swap. If you click on the link, you can see the sketch that I used to make this card. I scored the blue paper using my paper cutter to make the checkered background. I border punched the yellow paper. I used one of the stamps from the Flower for All Seasons set. It's a great set with four different flower pots. I used the earth elements crayons and blender pens to color in most of the stamp. I used the colored pencils and blender pens for the tulips. I stamped happy mother's day with versamark then used my stampin' pastels to add a little color. I am very happy how this card came out. It's inspired me to make a flower pot card for Mother's Day to send to my mom and mother-in-law. Check back this week for pictures of my version of a flower pot card.
My demonstrator meeting is tomorrow night so check back for the cards I get from the swap. There are always great cards from the other demonstrators.
Here are the supplies and directions I used to make this card:
- Bordering Blue 8 1/2 by 11 paper cut at 5 1/2 then folded at 4 1/4.
- So Saffron paper cut 4 by 2 1/4 then punched with Eyelet Border Punch.
- Sage Shadow paper cut 1 3/4 by 2.
- Flower for All Seasons stamp set stamped onto Whisper White paper cut into 1 1/2 by 1 3/4.
- Using Earth Elements Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Watercolor Pencils and Blender Pens, color flower pot
- Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon cut 2 3/4 then wrap and glue onto back of So Saffron.
- Stamp happy mother's day from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set with Versamark then using Stampin' Pastels, rub Sage Shadow over happy mother's day to add color to stamp.
- Glue So Saffron onto Bordering Blue
Thank you for looking and reading!