Monday, June 9, 2014

Captain America 4th Birthday Party

If you don't know this about me, I have two boys who are 15 months apart.  My oldest sons birthday is December 2nd.  If you don't recall reading that my sister got married January 4, 2014 so from pretty much since Thanksgiving I haven't had much time to blog.  I am catching up on things I wanted to but just never did with everything else going on.  And this is one of those blogs.

So my son turned 4 in December and it was the first time we had a party to invite some of his school friends.  He chose to do a Captain America themed bowling party.  I was pretty excited cause I love planning and making invites, favors, decor, etc. and knew Captain America would be an easy one to work with.
The birthday boy!
I started with the invitations that were so simple to customize using My Digital Studio.  If you do any sort of scrapbooking, card making, invitations, etc then you should own this program.  You can fully customize whatever you are creating within this program.  (Sorry just went sales mode on you) Check out the program at http://mydigitalstudio.net or contacting me to learn more.  Ok, moving on.  Here's the invitation postcard I created.

Front

Back
Next, I created shirts using My Digital Studio and iron on sheets.  I just created Captain America's shield with circles then printed it how the iron-on sheets told me to.  Here were the finished projects.

I did blue inspired cupcakes with white icing and red sprinkles.  Something simple but the cupcakes turned out great.

The favors were a blue bag I created Captain's shield using the circle framelits and a non Stampin' Up! heart punch (shh don't tell anyone because I rarely do this) and a thank you stamp from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  We filled it with candy and Avenger's items we found at the dollar store.

The table was decorated with printed Captain America standing dolls and masks the kids could wear.  We brought the shield he had from his Halloween costume that became a big hit for the kids.  Here's what the table with the kids looked like.

And finally the thank you cards were simple easy with the Circle Framelits to make a shield like I used throughout the party.

I really did enjoy planning this party for my son and look forward to future birthday's to see what we can come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment