Friday, June 22, 2012

Ice Cream Card

I had my open house last weekend and created this card to go with the ice cream social for the make and take.  It's very simple and just think it's so cute.  I love the colors which are all new 2012-2014 in colors.  Can you name them?


I wanted to show how you can take a simple card like this and "step it up" as we Stampin' Up! demonstrators like to call it!  I changed/added four things on this card to "step it up."  Can you figure out what I changed from the simple card?


  • I used the new Finishing Touches Edgelits Die on the ends of the designer series paper and white card stock. (This counts as 1 and 2)
  • I embossed the midnight muse card stock using the new Argyle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
  • I added the cherry on top from the Cupcake Punch.
This didn't take much longer to do these extra steps but what a difference those little things make to your card.  So when you feel like your cards need something else to make it "pop," just think of "stepping up" what you already have on your card!

2 comments:

  1. YOU, my love, are AMAZINGLY creative!!! I think you should submit this card to Stampin' Success . . . seriously!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both examples!! You added the cherry, embossed the blue background and added borders to both the edge of the card and the patterned card...am I right!!?

    ReplyDelete